IEEE IAS Chapter Information
Our chapters serve as an invaluable networking resource and provide immeasurable engagement in IAS global community. We are dedicated to equipping our chapters with the necessary tools to represent us, fostering active participation worldwide.
Below are a list of resources to help IAS chapters thrive.
Chapter Directory & Locator
Our global representation extends across IEEE Regions, Sections, and Zones, with chapters established worldwide. View our Chapter Locator and Map and get involved with a chapter near you!
FAQs, Documents & More
Resources for IAS Chapters
Chapter Formation Process | MGA Operations Manual | Chapter Reporting | How to Check the Correctness of Status of the Chapter Roster? | How To Start A Conference? | FAQs | Chapter and Member Activity and Resources | Logos | IAS Video | IAS Leaflets | IAS T-shirts | IEEE MD Conference and Meeting Promotion Kits
Chapter Formation Process
The chapter formation will be processed by IEEE MGA. A description of the process is available at IEEE Geographic Unit Formation Policies and Petitions. For more detailed information about the chapter formation process, please read the following step-by-step description. Please note, the links are related to a previous version of the IEEE website so may not be applicable.
To start a chapter formation the Online Petition Form should be submitted here – IEEE Geographic Unit Petition Application. As the Online Petition Form will not be processed by IAS, but by IEEE MGA, all queries related to the petition should be sent to IEEE MGA.
MGA Operations Manual
Both technical and SB chapters may provide reports in vTools about:
- chapter activity
- status of chapter officers
- changes in the status of chapter officers, especially in electing a new chapter chair
If you are not familiar in vTools reporting, please:
- collect web information by search word “vtools reporting”
- watch the self explanatory video Technical Chapter and SB Chapter Reporting via vTools
- contact the IAS CMD Chapters and Membership Committee Chair for assistance
How to Check the Correctness of Status of the Chapter Roster?
1. The chapter officer status i.e. name and email address of the chair and of other chapter officers are listed in IEEE Organization Roster.This roster corresponds to the latest vTools report.
2. Since vTools doesn’t report about the chapter roster the Societies, we should set-up an own chapter roster. This is the basis of the mailing roster of CMD. The CMD chapter roster is available in our chapter locator map. This list corresponds to the latest report to IAS CMD.
3. Changes in chapter officer status shuld be reported concurrently via vTools to IEEE MGA and via email to IAS CMD.
How To Start A Conference?
1. Visit the website of IEEE Meetings, Conferences & Events (MCE)
2. Send an email describing your intent shortly
3. You will be contacted about the next step
4. If you need help in administrative issues, please contact Dr. Richard Cselko, IAS CMD Student Technical Conference Committee Chair.
5. If you want to apply for IAS conference sponsorship, contact Dr. Tamás Ruzsányi, IAS Meeting Department Chair
6. Conference organizers must familiarize themselves with the IEEE policies. Important information regarding IEEE sponsorship types (10.1.2), naming of IEEE conferences (10.1.16) and use of the IEEE logo (10.1.17) can be found in https://www.ieee.org/content/dam/ieee-org/ieee/web/org/about/whatis/ieee-policies.pdf
Black T-shirt files, various designs ´Maxwell´ and ´Nikola Tesla´ are available, designed by Ms. Christina-Panagiota Malliou, CMD Support Programs Committee Chair.
Please consider, IAS chapters and events may use the T-shirt files free but IAS doesn´t cover the material and printing expenses.