Information for Authors
Aims & Scope
The IEEE Open Journal of Industry Applications is dedicated to publishing articles on the latest emerging topics and trends in all aspects of the Industry Applications Society, that is, the advancement of the theory and practice of electrical and electronic engineering in the development, design, manufacture, and application of electrical systems, apparatus, devices, and controls to the processes and equipment of industry and commerce; the promotion of safe, reliable, and economic installations; industry leadership in energy conservation and environmental, health, and safety issues; the creation of voluntary engineering standards and recommended practices; and the professional development of its membership.
This journal is 100% open access, which means that all content is freely available without charge to users or their institutions. All articles are published under a CC BY 4.0 license, and the author retains copyright. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, as long as proper attribution is given.
Open access is provided through the payment of an article processing charge (APC) paid after acceptance. APCs are often financed by an author’s institution or the funder supporting their research.
The articles in this journal are peer reviewed in accordance with the requirements set forth in the IEEE PSPB Operations Manual (sections 8.2.1.C & 8.2.2.A). Each published article was reviewed by a minimum of two independent reviewers using a single-blind peer review process, where the identities of the reviewers are not known to the authors, but the reviewers know the identities of the authors. Articles will be screened for plagiarism before acceptance.
Corresponding authors from low income countries are eligible for waived or reduced APCs.
All IEEE authors are expected to adhere to IEEE’s publishing ethics, including the definition of authorship, the appropriate citation of sources, the accurate reporting of data, and the publishing of original research. Visit the IEEE Author Center to learn more. All articles submitted for publication should be original and not under consideration elsewhere; if your article is based on a previous publication such as a conference proceeding, cite the original publication and clearly indicate how the articles differ. Contact the Editor-in-Chief with any questions on publishing ethics.
- Unlike IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, authors may submit papers directly to IEEE Open Journal of Industry Applications. There is no requirement to present prelimiary results at a conference prior to submission to the journal. The author submission site is https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/oj-ia.
- Format your article for submission by using the article template, located in the IEEE Author Center. [Word and LaTeX versions are available.]
- Submit your article text in PDF format. Visit the IEEE Author Center for information on writing the abstract, using equations in your article, publishing author names in native languages, and more.
- To enhance the appearance of your article on IEEEXplore, a graphical abstract can be displayed along with traditional text. The graphical abstract is considered a part of the technical content of the article, and you must provide it for peer review during the article submission process. For more information about graphical abstracts and their specifications, please visit the IEEE Author Center website.
- Submit your figures individually in PS, EPS, PDF, PNG, or TIF format. Visit the IEEE Author Center for information on resolution, size requirements, file naming conventions, and more.
- For information on submitting supplementary material such as multimedia or datasets, visit the IEEE Author Center.
All IEEE journals require an Open Researcher and Contributor ID (ORCID) for all authors. ORCID is a persistent unique identifier for researchers and functions similarly to an article’s Digital Object Identifier (DOI). You will need a registered ORCID to submit an article or review a proof in this journal. Learn more about ORCID and sign up for an ORCID today.
English Language Editing Services
English language editing services can help refine the language of your article and reduce the risk of rejection without review. IEEE authors are eligible for discounts at several language editing services; visit the IEEE Author Center to learn more. Please note these services are fee-based and do not guarantee acceptance.
Share Your Code and Data
Increase the impact of your work by sharing your code and data for others to view, build upon, and reuse. IEEE works with Code Ocean, a cloud-based computational reproducibility platform, to make your code discoverable. IEEE DataPort, an online data repository of datasets and data analysis tools, makes your datasets discoverable. Visit the IEEE Author Center for more information.
IEEE Author Tools
Preparing your article for submission is easy with IEEE Author Tools. Tools are available to help you find the right publication for your research, check the quality of your graphics, validate your LaTeX files, and verify your reference list.
Article Processing Charges (APCs)
The APC for this journal is $1750 per article, plus applicable local taxes. IEEE members receive a 5%discount, IAS members receive a 15% dis- count. These discounts cannot be combined. This journal has no page limits.
If your article is accepted for publication, you will receive emailed instructions regarding your next steps. You may be asked to upload final production-ready files. Shortly after final files are uploaded, you will receive your article proofs for final review, along with instructions on how to review your proofs and submit any corrections. Please note that major changes to your article, including the list of references, are not permitted after the article is accepted for publication. Please contact the Editor-in-Chief if you have any doubts about whether a modification you wish to make is appropriate.