IEEE IAS Most Impactful Webinar Contest (MIWC) 2021
In line with the proposed IAS five-year strategic plan (2020-2025), the IAS Board is of the view to offer more value-added benefits to its students and Young Professionals. In this regard, several YP activities have been introduced. These include, but are but not limited to, Global Young Professional Mentoring Program (GMP) Contest 2021, IEEE IAS Annual Meeting Young Professional Event (Zoom session ) 2021, etc.
In keeping with this theme, IEEE IAS Most Impactful Webinar Contest (MIWC) 2021 has been developed and endorsed by the IAS Executive Board. This contest is meant to incentivise IEEE IAS Student Branch Chapters (SBCs) and IEEE YP Affinity Groups to develop and host their own webinar event, with the intention to benefit their membership base and attract new members to join the Society and their local entities.
This IEEE IAS MIWC – 2021 Contest is expected to:
- provide opportunities for local/international engagement and interactions with peers from both industry and academia;
- invest in membership elevation by strengthening relationships among Students and YPs;
- enable and incentivize youth to suggest innovative programs, by them, for them, supported and acknowledged by the IEEE IAS.
ü Contest Announcement: 1st November 2021
ü Deadline for Submissions: 15th March 2022
ü Winners Announcement: 30th May 2022
1. 1000 USD – First (1st) place, with certificates for the organizers. + travel grant for two people to attend IAS Annual Meeting 2022,
2. 750 USD – Second (2nd) place, with certificates for the organizers.
3. 500 USD – Third place (3rd), with certificates for the organizers.
Note: If in the opinion of the Selection Committee, the quality of the submissions do not sufficiently meet the evaluation criteria, the committee reserves the right to not present the award. The travel grant will be subject to IEEE travel regulations and the status of the Covid-19 pandemic in 2022. IAS reserves the right to suspend the travel grant.
Event registration and submission link: MIWC registration and submission link