Distinguished Lecturer Program
IAS Distinguished Lecturer and Prominent Lecturer Program
The DLPL Program is
- managed by Tamás Ruzsányi, IAS CMD DLPL Committee Chair, email@example.com
- supervised by Blake Lloyd, IAS CMD Travel Awards and Events Standing Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for Nominations - IAS Distinguished Lecturers for 2019-20
Online form submission:
Deadline of submission: March 31, 2018
IAS DLPL Program 2017-18
New travel reimbursement: $1000 / $600 (starting March 11, 2016)
The DLPL Program supports travels of two groups
- IAS Distinguished Lecturers for 2017-18
- IAS Prominent Lecturers for 2017-18
IAS Distinguished Lecturers for 2017-18
IAS Prominent Lecturers for 2017-18
IAS Inter-Society Distinguished Lecturer Program
The IAS Inter-Society Distinguished Lecturer (DL) Program is administered through the Chapters & Membership Department and provides IAS Chapters access to distinguished lecturers from the Industrial Electronics Society (IES), Power Electronics Society (PELS) and the Power Engineering Society (PES).
The program was started in 2000 through an inter-society cooperation agreement between IAS, IES, PELS & PES. Further regulations were made in 2008 which remained unchanged in the 2011 and 2014 agreements.
IAS Chapters benefit by having access to a larger selection of distinguished lecturers from societies with similar technical interests.
Information on the IES/PELS/PES DL programs including a listing of DL's and topics can be found at:
How does it work?
Each Society has agreed to fund its own DLs in accordance with their own funding rules and eligibility. IAS Chapters should contact the appropriate DL Program Chair when utilizing this program.
New rules for selecting DL's as of 2018:
- A DL can only repeat every 6 years (2 years as DL, 2 years as PL, and 2 years off)
- Attempts will be made to have an even balance of Academics and Industry DL's
- Self Nominations will require approval of the Technical Committee
- Nominees will be required to provide a 5 minute video of their topic(s) which can be used to promote their talk as well as assess their presentation skills.
Questions? Send email to the IAS DL/PL Program Chair, email@example.com