Distinguished Lecturer Program
IAS Distinguished Lecturer and Prominent Lecturer Program
Nomination of Distinguished Lecturers 2021-2022
New set of IAS DLs will be appointed for the term 2021-2022.
The nominated experts will be selected by by IAS CMD and the final approval will be made by IAS Executive Bord.
Objectives of the evaluation process (Executive Board resolution, 2018)
- A DL can only repeat every 6 years (2 years as DL, 2 years as PL, and 2 years off)
- Attempts will be made to have an even balance of Academics and Industry DL's
- Self Nominations will require approval of the Technical Committee
- A DL should be expert in one of the technical fields of IAS.
- IAS membership and IEEE Senior Member or IEEE Fellow grade is requested.
- Nominees will be required to provide a 5 minute video of their topic(s) which can be used to promote their talk as well as assess their presentation skills.
IAS Chapters and IAS Members are encuraged to submit nomination by using the 2020 Nomination Form.
Deadline: March 31, 2020
Chapter Meeting Feedback Report
IAS DLPL Program
The DLPL Program is managed by Tamás Ruzsányi, IAS CMD DLPL Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
New travel reimbursement: $1000 / $600 (starting March 11, 2016)
The DLPL Program 2017-18 supports travels of two groups
- IAS Distinguished Lecturers for 2017-18
- IAS Prominent Lecturers for 2017-18
The DLPL Program 2019-20 supports travels of two groups
- IAS Distinguished Lecturers for 2019-20
- IAS Prominent Lecturers for 2019-20
IAS Distinguished Lecturers for 2019-21
IAS Prominent Lecturers for 2019-21
IAS Distinguished Lecturers for 2017-18
IAS Prominent Lecturers for 2017-18
IAS Inter-Society Distinguished Lecturer Program
The IAS Inter-Society Distinguished Lecturer (DL) Program is administered through the Chapters & Membership Department and provides IAS Chapters access to distinguished lecturers from the Industrial Electronics Society (IES), Power Electronics Society (PELS) and the Power Engineering Society (PES).
The program was started in 2000 through an inter-society cooperation agreement between IAS, IES, PELS & PES. Further regulations were made in 2008 which remained unchanged in the 2011 and 2014 agreements.
IAS Chapters benefit by having access to a larger selection of distinguished lecturers from societies with similar technical interests.
Information on the IES/PELS/PES DL programs including a listing of DL's and topics can be found at:
How does it work?
Each Society has agreed to fund its own DLs in accordance with their own funding rules and eligibility. IAS Chapters should contact the appropriate DL Program Chair when utilizing this program.
IAS chapters are free to invite DLs of other Societies but IAS doesn´t cover the expenses of the lecture tour.
Send email to the IAS DL/PL Program Chair, email@example.com