Chapter Formation Process
The chapter formation will be processed by IEEE MGA.
Description is available in IEEE Geographic Unit Formation Policies and Petitions.
To start a chapter formation the Online Petition Form should be submitted via the link Access the IEEE Geographic Unit Petition Application
Please consider, the Online Petition Form will not be processed by IAS but IEEE MGA. All queries related to the petition should be sent to IEEE MGA, mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need more detail information about the chapter formation process, please read following descriptions.
Detailed overview on basis of the MGA Operational Manual is available in Chapter formation...
Step-by-step description but the links are related to a previous version of the IEEE website: How to apply....
MGA Operations Manual
Both technical and SB chapters may provide reports in vTools about
- chapter activity
- status of chapter officers
- changes in the status of chapter officers, especially in electing a new chapter chair
If you are not familiar in vTools reporting, please
- collect web information by search word "vtools reporting"
- watch the self explanatory video Technical Chapter and SB Chapter Reporting via vTools
- contact the IAS CMD Chapters and Membership Committee Chair for assistance
- read more about "Chapter Events and Officer Reorting" in http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1119785494724&ca=04e58611-1dd8-462d-8adc-963d0cbdf08f. You may find the PDF copy here.
How to Check the Correctness of Status of the Chapter Roster?
1. The chapter officer status i.e. name and email address of the chair and of other chapter officers are listed in IEEE Organization Roster. This roster corresponds to the latest vTools report.
2. Since vTools doesn´t report about the chapter roster the Societies, we should set-up an own chapter roster. This is the basis of the mailing roster of CMD. The CMD chapter roster is available in https://ias.ieee.org/chapters-membership/chapters-by-region.html >> Table: IAS Chapters by Region. This list corresponds to the latest report to IAS CMD.
3. Changes in chapter officer status shuld be reported concurrently via vTools to IEEE MGA and via email to IAS CMD.
How To Start A Conference?
1. Visit the website of IEEE Meetings, Conferences & Events (MCE)
2. Send an email describing your intent shortly
3. You will be contacted about the next step
4. If you need help in administrative issues, please contact Dr. Richard Cselko, IAS CMD Student Technical Conference Committee Chair.
5. If you want to apply for IAS conference sponsorship, contact Dr. Tamás Ruzsányi, IAS Meeting Department Chair
6. Conference organizers must familiarize themselves with the IEEE policies. Important information regarding IEEE sponsorship types (10.1.2), naming of IEEE conferences (10.1.16) and use of the IEEE logo (10.1.17) can be found in https://www.ieee.org/content/dam/ieee-org/ieee/web/org/about/whatis/ieee-policies.pdf
"How To ...?"
How to order membership development kits?
How to manage the starting subsidy request?
How to serve as a conference info desk volunteer?
How to write for technical periodicals & conferences?
How to form an IEEE Section / Technical Chapter? (petition form valid up to Jan 1, 2017)
How to form an IEEE Student Branch? (petition form valid up to Jan 1, 2017)
How to form an IEEE Student Branch Chapter? (petition form valid up to Jan 1, 2017)
Chapter and Member Activity and Resources
IEEE MGA Operations Manual 2016-11
IEEE Geographic Unit Formation Policies and Petitions
How To Create a New IEEE Chapter
IEEE Officer Confirmation Report
IEEE Officer Reporting - New Officers and Officer Changes
Student Awards, Scholarships, and Fellowships
IEEE Medals, Technical Field Awards, and Recognitions
IEEE Product Orders and Sample Photos
IEEE Chapter Chairs´ Reference Guide
IEEE Membership Development Manual Student Branch Edition
IEEE Membership Development Manual
IEEE Student Branches by Region
Funds Available for Student Branches
Presentation at RNR 2018, Chile
Augusto José Herrera, EdSoc Vice Chair, IEEE Argentina, email@example.com
IEEE Grants - Voluntary Contribution Funds
Black T-shirt files, various designs ´Maxwell´ and ´Nikola Tesla´ are available, designed by Ms. Christina-Panagiota Malliou, CMD Support Programs Committee Chair.
Please consider, IAS chapters and events may use the T-shirt files free but IAS doesn´t cover the material and printing expenses.
IEEE MD Conference and Meeting Promotion Kits
IEEE MD On-Demand Kit Order Form
The form requires authentication by using the IEEE account.
User name: IEEE email address
Password: PW of the IEEE account
For further information, please visit IEEE Support Center