Annual Chapter Meeting 2017
IAS CMD Annual Meeting Travel Grant Program
For details about the IAS Annual Meeting 2017, will be held in Cincinnati OH, USA, Oct 1-5, 2017, please visit http://ias.ieee.org/2017annualmeeting.html
The Chapters and Membership Department (CMD) used to organize the Annual Chapter Meeting in conjunction with the Annual Meeting.
IAS is managing the Annual Meeting Travel Grant Program (AMTGP).
All information regarding AMTGP will be available in the CMD website, http://ias.ieee.org/chapters-membership.html >>>Chapters Annual Workshop 2017.
May 05, 2017 The Online Application form has been posted
May 16, 2017 The application has been closed. The diagram below demonstrates the daily progress of the applications.
Applications have been received: 450
Number of consolidated applications: 420
June 09, 2017 The final selection list has been presented to and approved by the IAS Executive Committee.
- Selected: 217 grant recipients from 35 countries
- Acceptance rate: overall 52% (65% from R1-7 and 51% from R8-10)
June 11, 2017 Applicants have been informed about the selection result.
- Due to large number of delivery errors, we realized that the email communication was incomplete. This is the reason, the name list of the selection result will be published here.
- Non-selected AMTGP applicants may make their Annual Meeting registration according to the general rules of the Annual Meeting and may take part in all events. Attendance to the Annual Chapter Meeting ("Sunday Meeting") is possible if there will be place in meeting room available. This event is free of charge but AMTGP recipents will have preference at seating.
- Please consider, the AMTGP program will be managed by the CMD Travel Awards Committee and it doesn´t help if one disturbs either the IAS Society Officers or the IAS Executive Office in that matter especially for being favored. Extension of the group of award recipienets is not possible.
June 12, 2017
- Travel award confirmation / cancellation is requested by using the form here.
- Deadline: Tuesday, June 13, 18:00 CEST (UTC+2)
- The form has been closed on Wednesday, June 14, 20:45 CEST (UTC+2)
June 14, 2017
Registration Instructions posted at 22:00 CEST (UTC+2)
Please check the Annual Meeting Registration website to make the conference registration.
June 20, 2017
The official visa supporter information is as follows:
Please don´t use a specific person´s name as a supporter / payor in the visa application. Your suporter/payor is IEEE.
Please use following data for the visa application form:
Payor name: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
Phone number: +1(732)981-0060
Address: 445 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854 USA
The status of the awarded person to IEEE: Travel award recipient to attend the IAS Annual Meeting 2017 Conference
Deadline of the Annual Meeting Registration
The AMTGP travel award recipienrs should be registered to the Annual Meeting by Tuesday, June 27, 11:00 a.m. EST (Eastern Standard Time, New York Time). The AMTG travel award of not registered participants will be cancelled.
Participants may cancel the conference registration according to the cancellation policy later. Full refund will be provided only if an original visa rejection letter will be presented.
Further Time Schedule:
June 28, 12:00 a.m.
The registrations will be summarized and validity will be checked.
Final participants list will be prepared
- for activity planning
- for hotel accommodation aloocation
The expense reports should be submitted. These reports should contain the booked and paid flight tickets and the conference registration letter. Samples and instructions will be provided later.
The financial approval process and the check preparation is starting.